Electrosoft’s approach to IT system operations and maintenance relies on the best practices of the Project Management Institute (PMI) and employs a disciplined Electrosoft-Execute Project Management Process (E2PMP) to execute and coordinate all activities. Implicit in the Electrosoft approach is establishing effective coordination and communication among all service functions and applying industry best practices (such as an Information Technology Infrastructure Library [ITIL]) to IT service management.
Electrosoft uses a five-step approach:
- Service Design – Good operations and maintenance begins with a solid system design and coordination with system developers prior to system production. We employ templates and standard approaches for service design and service transition, as appropriate.
- Service Operations – To provision IT services at agreed-upon service levels, Electrosoft focuses on coordination of service operations monitoring and response. We ensure defined processes and expectations are established for incident and problem management as well as service requests involving help desk, network operations and network/hardware support.
- Change and Configuration Management – We implement control procedures for installation, configuration, tuning, infrastructure and software maintenance and upgrades. We also employ asset management, license management and resource management practices.
- Quality and System Performance Management – We monitor the consistency of service system performance against design goals through testing, performance analysis and tuning. We apply our ISO 9001:2015-registered and CMMI Level 3– rated Quality Management System (QMS) to ensure performance, consistency and quality of IT service delivery.
- Service Improvement – Leveraging feedback from our quality management program, we continually improve our service delivery processes and use methodologies such as Lean, Theory of Constraints or Six Sigma to further streamline our service delivery processes. Using established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), we develop scorecards that map to organizational priorities to allow organizational leaders to make informed decisions on where to apply service improvement resources.
Information Technology Architecture
We help our customers implement and maintain world-class enterprise IT infrastructures. We develop Strategic Information Plans, Common Operating Environment (COE) Implementation Plans, and other policy and planning documents. We perform infrastructure assessments to develop detailed physical and logical network infrastructure documentation. We establish Enterprise Architecture (EA) and processes for managing the architecture – and subsequent changes – as a system evolves. We test, evaluate, recommend and plan technology implementation initiatives. We gather, analyze and document existing and new infrastructure requirements and estimate the scope and cost of new projects and technology acquisition. We study and document the current state of the IT infrastructure and make recommendations for cost-effective upgrades and system improvements.
IT Operations in Classified and Unclassified Environments
We perform tasks across several IT functional areas (i.e., networking, Windows systems and operations, Unix/Linux systems and operations, help desk, information assurance manager and corporate information operations center) in classified and unclassified environments. Based on the security classification of the environment, we ensure adherence to applicable policies and procedures.
Desktop and Server Support; Patching
We support all hardware and software within the customer’s IT environment including operating systems such as Linux, Mac OS, network devices and new technologies such as iPADs, Androids and other mobile devices. We evaluate these new technologies for compatibility with the existing IT infrastructure, functionality and adherence to security rules and policies. We document test and evaluation outcomes and include findings, recommended alternatives and courses of action.
We maintain and apply standard disk images for IT enterprise-wide desktop, laptop and tablet computers. We test new images for functionality and security and provide configuration management of the common disk images and ensure that changes can be deployed to deployed PCs, laptops and tablets in a timely and non-disruptive manner.
Electrosoft supports customers in implementing enterprise-wide video teleconferencing (VTC) capabilities involving multiple conference rooms spanning many sites and technologies (e.g., Polycom, Cisco, Jabber and streaming video). We test, evaluate, deploy, operate and upgrade equipment in our customer VTC environment. We maintain documentation to include user and operator manuals and an inventory of conference room VTC equipment.
IT Help Desk
We provide Tier 3 IT help desk support in the following technology areas: information assurance policy and technologies; video teleconferencing (infrastructure/hardware/software); mobile device wireless technology; networking technologies (to include wireless); Microsoft products; JAVA programming/Oracle database management; UNIX/Linux platforms (hardware/software); desktop (PC) platforms; laptop platforms to include wireless technologies; printers for testing with existing equipment and implementing security configurations; Computer Associates (CA) Unicenter Suite (USD package development, testing and deployment), Microsoft SCCM (package development, testing and deployment), or other deployment tools as required by the Contracting Officer's Representative.