Below are recent papers authored by members of our team.
- Full Disk Encryption - Protection for Your System
- Using Full Disk Encryption to protect information on mobile devices.
- Certificate Validation for PIV across the Federal Bridge using the Server-based Certificate Validation Protocol (SCVP) - RFC 5055
- Describes the challenges and a potential solution for validating public key (PKI) certificates associated with issued Personal Identity Verification (PIV) cards and PIV-Interoperable (PIV-I) cards.
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Cards as Federated Identities - Challenges and Opportunities (ID Trust 2009)
- Discusses the challenges and opportunities in using (PIV) cards and PIV-like cards as federated identities to authenticate to US Federal government facilities and systems.
- Secure Desktop Configurations Under FDCC: Configuring for Success
- Documents the Federal Desktop Core Configuration and its technical details. Describes the effect it has on agencies, and what agencies need to think about when complying to meet the mandated deadline set in place.
- Penetration Testing: A Vital System Security Assessment Method
- Introduces Penetration Testing and describes the differences between a tester and an attacker. Lists the reasons for penetration testing as well as the factors associated for finding vulnerabilities.
- Implementing an HSPD-12 Solution: Paving the Path to Success
- Discusses HSPD-12 documentation, support tools, and implementation methods & methodology while also describing Electrosofts involvement with HSPD-12.